The craft beer revolution is spreading worldwide, with drinkers filling their glasses with new and exciting beer styles from around the world. Ireland has kept up with the trend and is home to some 87 micro breweries. Dublin certainly hasn’t missed out on the action and even hardcore Guinness drinkers are trading a pint of the black stuff for the latest wheat beer or double IPA.
Dublin county is home to six craft breweries, including two brew pubs.
* Rascal’s Brewing – Bold Irish beer with a Rascal’s twist, inspired by the New Zealand craft beer scene. Award winning ales, and some spectacular seasonal beers.
* Porterhouse Brewing Co – One of the older breweries in the country, they own several pubs in and around Dublin, as well as abroad, all stocking their fantastic beers: be sure to try one of their many stouts! They also have bottles from around the world.
* Craftworks – A contract brewery that brews for new brewers hoping to make it onto the market.
* JW Sweetman – Currently the only brew pub in Dublin city, offering a fantastic range of their own beers as well as guests.
* Hope Brewery – A wide selection of fantastic beers, Hope can be found in craft beer bars all around Dublin!
* Raven Brew – Brewing in the “Old Schoolhouse” pub in Swords, this brew pub offers a fantastic stout as well as seasonal specials.
The Best Bars
Dublin is home to a great many bars and pubs offering local and international craft beers. Here are just a few.
* Against the Grain – one of five pubs in Dublin owned by the Galway Bay brewery, this is a fantastic place to drink great beer. Their own beers are outstanding, with “Of foam and fury” being particularly popular, but they also manage to get exotic craft brews from around the world in.
* Farrington’s – Located in Temple Bar and offering 28 beers on tap. They also host tap takeovers and other special events.
* The Brew Dock – Easy to get to, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff plus a wide range of stunning beers, all the good things!