So it seems like chocolate is the super food. It contains a number of high level antioxidants, theobromine, polyphenols, etc. The health benefits of chocolates include:
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the chances of heart failure
- Reducing insulin resistance and the chances of diabetes
- Sun protection
- Stress reduction
- Boosting blood flow
- Providing relief from diarrhea
- Easing the symptoms of coughs
There are a number of studies which have been done as far as these health benefits are concerned. Most of these studies have shown surprising results.
Dark chocolate is known to be anti-inflammatory in nature. It only makes sense that it can help reduce any problems of the heart like strokes. But, the other ingredients in chocolate aren’t so positive. A regular chocolate bar contains fats, sugars, milk, artificial ingredients, etc which is not healthful for everyone.
One other very important thing to discuss when it comes to chocolate consumption is the number of calories it includes. Having just four squares of chocolate every day can increase your yearly calorific consumption by 76,000 calories. So if you are looking at including chocolate in your diet, then here are a few things which you should keep in mind to make the perfect diet plan with chocolate:
- Don’t let it become a habit. Keep it as an occasional treat at the most.
- The maximum benefit can be derived from dark chocolate. So stick to dark chocolate for the best results.
- Avoid any brands that offer highly processed chocolate. This is because the high levels of heating can destroy the potential benefits of chocolate.
- Keep an eye out for any nasty ingredients. It is these ingredients which can affect the calorific value of chocolate bars.
- Try eating raw chocolate as much as possible.
So what are you waiting for? Include chocolate bar into your diet right away.